July 12, 2006

Cable is Overrated

It might just be that I have been deprived of Cable and Satellite that I feel this way, but TV Shows, on cable tv channels are not of quality. Since I have moved to my new home, I have not had satellite because they are a lot of tall trees in our backyard, and we can't get reception, but that is besides the point. You see that whenever there is a hype about a TV show, its either on Local TV channels or its on HBO (the only good Cable station, besides FX).

The shows on local stations are somewhat decent quality (besides FOX, remember Man vs. Beast, but they have 24 which makes up for a lot). Shows like Lost, 24, and Smallville, are decent shows that appeal to mass audiences (So does 7th heaven apparently). The only thing you hear about on cable TV is either Sopranos, or the Daily Show, isnt there anything else on those 150 channels...

Yeah every station has its flaws, like Wifeswap, and Supernanny, but the majority of primetime shows that the nation loves to watch are on Local listings. I don't know if I'm blabbering on insanely, maybe its the lack of more TV channels, but I don't see the point of getting cable, and see no point of having it anymore. There are great TV shows that are returning to this fall's lineup such as:

-Lost (ABC)
-Smallville (CW)
-Supernatural (CW)
-Veronica Mars (CW)
-Surface (NBC)
-24 (FOX)
With shows like these to keep you hooked every week, there is no point in cable (and especially no point if you don't have HBO). But maybe its just that I've been deprived for so long and that I'm out of the loop, maybe the cause of this opinion. I must say though after the loss of cable, I actually pick out special shows to watch, rather than flipping through the crap that has taken over TV.

3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger MCMLXXXII said...

Why did u delete my comment? Take criticism like a man!

That comment was so great. It wasn't even a comment, it was literature!

(10 points for the movie reference)

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Tabish Talib said...

did u read the blog again I changed it so your comment would have made no sense

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home